A family friendly Health Fair and Carnival will be held at the Saint John Pavilion, 3550 South 4th Street, Leavenworth, Kan., on Saturday, April 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event, being held on World Health Day, will feature free screenings and fun activities for the entire family, including:
- Teddy Bear Checks (For Kids 2 to 6 Years old). Emergency Room Staff will give teddy bears a health
check up! Kids receive a certificate! Height and weight checks for the kids.
- Blood pressure checks by PMG Leavenworth-Lansing Primary Care Group.
- Stroke information by Saint John ER, a stroke-ready designated hospital.
- Knock out breast cancer balloon punch. Breast care and 3D Mammography information.
- Spin the Wheel in the Saint John Surgery Center for prizes and learn safe surgery procedures trivia as well as pain management techniques.
- Kid friendly balance & strength activity and adult balance screenings by Rehabilitation Services.
- Special memory booklets distribution, a great activity for kids & grandparents; and Memory Boosting Notepads given by the Saint John Senior Behavioral Health Center. Other dementia resource information will be shared.
- Hearing screenings from Saint John Audiologist Mary Dutton (First come first served. Limited availability.)
- Leg Vein and Quantaflow screenings from PMG Cardiology (First come first served. Limited availability.)
- The Leavenworth Fire Department will have a firetruck at the event
- The Mix 93.3 (KMXV )Radio Station will be on site and will broadcast from 10 a.m. to Noon.
- Bouncy house and face painting will be available for children.
Several departments and offices at the Pavilion will participate in the event, including the Emergency Room, Rehabilitation Services, Audiology, Providence Medical Group Primary Care Leavenworth-Lansing, Imaging Services, the Skilled Nursing Unit and the Senior Behavioral Health Center.
"We are excited to show the people of Leavenworth, Lansing, and the surrounding communities the beautiful facility and great services we offer at the Pavilion," said Paula Ellis, DNP, CARN, NEA-BC, Saint John Administrator/CNO.
View our Carnival Health Fair Flier.