We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients' support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. with the following special circumstances:
Pediatrics-One parent may stay in the child’s room after 9 p.m. Ask the nurse about a roll away cot if you are planning to spend the night. For other information, refer to the rules you were given at your child’s admission.
Intensive Care - Visiting hours are open except from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to promote confidentiality during shift report. Emergency Room - Due to patient confidentiality, visitors are limited to one family member or significant other in the
Emergency Room - When the Emergency Room is busy we will ask visitors to be seated in the waiting room. Senior Behavioral Health Center - Visitors are discouraged between the hours of 8 a.m. and noon because of therapy sessions and other scheduled patient activities.