Take the below Hearing Health Quick Test from the American Academy of Audiology. If you feel you have a hearing loss, please call us at
913-680-6180 to make an appointment with our Audiologist for further information.
1. Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a noisy restaurant or crowded room? Yes No Sometimes
2. Do you sometimes feel that people are mumbling or not speaking clearly? Yes No Sometimes
3. Do you experience difficulty fol-lowing dialog in the theater? Yes No Sometimes
4. Do you sometimes find it difficult to understand a speaker at a pub-lic meeting or a religious service? Yes No Sometimes
5. Do you find yourself asking people to speak up or repeat themselves? Yes No Sometimes
6. Do you find men’s voices easier to understand than women’s? Yes No Sometimes
7. Do you experience difficulty understanding soft or whispered speech? Yes No Sometimes
8. Do you have difficulty understand-ing speech on the telephone? Yes No Sometimes
9. Does a hearing problem cause you to feel embarrassed when meeting new people? Yes No Sometimes
10. Do you feel handicapped by a hearing problem? Yes No Sometimes
11. Does a hearing problem cause you to visit friends, relatives, or neighbors less often than you would like? Yes No Sometimes
12. Do you experience ringing or noises in your ears? Yes No Sometimes
13. Do you hear better with one ear than the other? Yes No Sometimes
14. Have you had any significant noise exposure during work, recreation, or military service? Yes No
15. Have any of your relatives (by birth) had a hearing loss? Yes No
2 points for Yes
1 point for Sometimes
0 points for NoScores of
3 or more: May mean that you have a hearing problem.
Scores of 6 or more: Strongly suggest that a hearing check is warranted.