Saint John Hospital and Providence Medical Center provide women in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties with great resources for outstanding health and wellness care. Our medical, nursing and clinical teams provide top-rated care, unparalleled experience and a tradition of compassionate care unlike any other hospital in the region.
Our talented team is with you at every stage. Whether you're expecting a baby, needing a mammogram, undergoing a gynecological procedure or choosing a hospital for your child, we provide advanced medical care in an atmosphere that is comfortable and compassionate.
If you’re in Leavenworth County, you can see an obstetrician at Saint John and deliver your baby at Providence, just 20 minutes away, in our spacious labor & delivery suites. The Family Care Center at Providence offers you outstanding resources for every stage of your life, from obstetrics to gynecological care.
At Providence, our dedication to the health, safety and security of every patient is our priority. We have extensive systems in place to ensure your safety and your privacy.
The medical staff at the Family Care Center includes board-certified physicians specializing in obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics and family practice. Our nursing staff has years of experience in obstetrical, neonatal and pediatric care and maintains the highest level of competency.
- Learn about our Maternity Care
- Learn about Women’s Heart Health
- Learn about Women’s Joint Health
For more information, please call the Family Care Center at 913-596-4389.
In this Section
Saint John Hospital and Providence Medical Center offer a full line-up of helpful classes and wellness programs. The following classes are open to the public and most are offered free of charge:
- Pregnancy, Birth and You - This essential class is for couples in the sixth through ninth month of pregnancy. You can learn important childbirth skills like breathing and relaxation techniques, discover birth options and get tips for postpartum and newborn care.
- Refresher Pregnancy, Birth and You - A great class for those who have taken a childbirth education program before, but would like an update.
- Breastfeeding Facts - This informal discussion covers the art of breast-feeding, while giving parents helpful tips on topics like nursing techniques, nursing while returning to work and weaning.
For more information on these programs or for a complete list of class times and fees, please call 913-596-4399